United’s new campaign celebrates employees who do the right thing for customers and communities
“Over the past few years United have become a force for good and an industry leader,” the United CEO said. Scott Kirby. “We are taking steps that inspire pride in our employees and customers – historic investments to fight climate change and training more women and people of color to become pilots, waiving change fees and modernizing our fleet with 500 new aircraft. This campaign not only serves as an exclamation mark on our recent actions, but also as a commitment to how United Airlines intends to present itself in the future.”
The national campaign is United’s first fully integrated national brand advertising campaign in nearly a decade and has been developed in partnership with record creative agency 72andSunny. It includes over 150 different pieces of video, digital, social and outdoor content and features more than 60 real-life employees, the most ever featured in a single series of United content.
Starting this week, people can see Good Leads The Way content on United planes and in airport terminals, as well as in TV spots, streaming platforms, billboards, on social media and in unique, contextually relevant and unexpected spaces. The launch coincides with the start of the summer travel season and a historic surge in demand – United’s seat fill in April was the highest on record for a non-summer month, at 88% of seats busy.
Each distinct element of the integrated creative campaign represents a page in the United brand identity story and aims to deliver inspirational ads with engaging storytelling around customer, employee and community benefits. No two plays are the same, from the movie anthem to the dynamic live billboards counting the number of connections recorded on United.
“At the heart of everything we do and say at United – every decision – is doing the right thing. That’s why, even in the depths of the pandemic, we haven’t dodged the tough questions facing our business. continue with optimism and determination to be a force for the betterment of our customers and the communities we serve,” said United’s chief communications officer. Josh Earnest. “As the industry emerges from the pandemic, we are entering a historic new era of commercial travel, which makes it the right time to unveil our ambitious ‘Good Leads The Way’ campaign.”
Creative highlights include:
- anthem movie: In their hero video, United puts an emotional stake in the ground around the intent and impact of Good Leads The Way. The film features a patchwork of photos and videos of employees and passengers, as well as inspiring scenes shot for the campaign, as a narrator tells the true story of an airline on a mission to be a force for the well in his planes and in the world. . It will be featured in a national broadcast campaign and released in local central markets.
- Outside the house: While the Anthem tells the whole story, each piece of the exterior represents a different chapter, from the defining actions to the impactful little moments with the passengers. The imagery includes a mix of inspirational moments to authentically document United employees and passengers. The Out of Home campaign includes large format outdoor and airport placements within United’s core markets.
- Digital/Social: Leveraging a social-first approach to truly engage audiences where they are, storytelling continues through succinct content, like social videos and a concise Twitter feed. Plus, employees get their own personalized Instagram sticker to show their pride. The social campaign will run on proprietary and paid social and digital channels.
How quality leads the way at United
- Careers, not just jobs: United offers competitive pay and benefits, room to grow and flight privileges to see the world
- Only major American airline to have its own flight school: United Aviate Academy
- Opening this year of a new state-of-the-art flight training center in Houston
- The world’s largest flight training center in denver
- Active employees surprised with a special price of $1,000 every last fall
- First major US airline to roll out employee vaccination program against COVID-19
For the customers
- Over 500 new aircraft – and hundreds of aircraft upgrades – by 2026, with features such as larger overhead compartments, screens in each seatback, Bluetooth connectivity and Wi-Fi fast
- First major global US airline to eliminate change fees on most tickets
- Helped over 288,000 customers make their connecting flight this year with United’s exclusive ConnectionSaver technology
- This summer, United will serve more transatlantic destinations than all other US carriers combined and will be the largest airline across the Atlantic.
- The award-winning United app makes it easy for customers to get around with features that let you shop by map, get the latest travel details, plan trips with friends, and make it easier for people with visual impairments to get around.
For our communities
- Hire more than 50,000 people over the next five years, providing unionized, high-paying careers as pilots, flight attendants, agents, technicians and dispatchers
- Will aim to train 5,000 new pilots by 2030 through the United Aviate Academy, with the aim that at least half are women and people of color
- Has invested more in the production of sustainable aviation fuel than any other airline in the world
- In 2021, United donated more than $10 million in cash and in-kind to non-profit organizations across the country and has worked with its customers to donate more than 100 million additional miles to charities that rely on travel
- Cutting-edge investments in electric aircraft designed to help us reduce our greenhouse gas emissions
- Commit to reducing our greenhouse gas emissions by 100% by 2050, without relying on traditional carbon offsets
For more information, visit united.com/goodleadstheway and download the media assets here.
United’s common goal is “Connecting people. Unite the world”. From our US hubs in Chicago, denver, Houston, Los Angeles, New York/newark, San Francisco and washington d.c., United operates the most comprehensive global route network among North American carriers. United is bringing back our customers’ favorite destinations and adding new ones to become the best airline in the world. For more information on how to join the United team, please visit www.united.com/careers and more company information at www.united.com. United Airlines Holdings, Inc., the parent company of United Airlines, Inc., is listed on Nasdaq under the symbol “UAL”.