Job: Campaign and Innovation Specialist – Nigeria Strengthening Civic Advocacy and Local Engagement (SCALE) at Palladium Group
Request ID: req13162
Duration: 1 year, with possibility of extension for another 2.5 years.
Project overview and role
- SCALE is a 5-year USAID-funded project (October 8, 2020 – October 7, 2025), implemented by Palladium in collaboration with local resource partners.
- The objective of the SCALE project is to build the financial, management and advocacy capacities of local civil society organizations (CSOs) and business member organizations (BMOs) in Nigeria in order to create a more accountable, transparent Nigeria. , peaceful and democratic with increased efficiency. and efficient delivery of public services.
- SCALE supports Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) and Business Membership Organizations (BMOs) across all USAID/Nigeria programmatic sectors with a suite of management capacity building, business strengthening and advocacy aimed at advancing the sustainability of Nigerian CSOs combined with targeted grants to advance mutually agreed priorities.
- The project is designed to build the capacity of local civil society organizations to be positive and responsible agents of change in Nigeria.
- The SCALE Project is seeking a highly motivated and creative advocacy professional to join its technical team to provide support to SCALE CSO/BMO partners in implementing effective advocacy and awareness raising campaigns to support their program policy reform.
- The position will also manage SCALE’s innovation strategies and partners.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Provide technical support to SCALE partners in developing advocacy campaign strategies to engage various stakeholders
- Initiate strategic campaign actions to be undertaken by relevant project components and partners.
- Work closely with the Policy and Governance Advisor to support the communications elements of partner campaign initiatives as well as ongoing media building support to project partners.
- Facilitate the design and implementation of campaigns around key global events such as World Water Day, International Women’s Day and the 16 Days Against Gender-Based Violence campaign.
- In conjunction with the SCALE Communications and Media team, facilitate efforts to jointly keep diverse audiences informed about SCALE.
- Ensure strict compliance with the branding and branding policy of the project.
- Manage a portfolio of innovation activities for SCALE.
- Work with SCALE innovation partners to establish work plans, activities, budgets and milestones to measure progress and results.
- Track and report progress in the implementation of innovation activities i.e. process, timelines and results against set goals and outcomes.
- Monitor progress and identify risks for prompt action and rapid resolution.
- Ensure full compliance of subrecipients with SCALE and USAID rules and regulations
- Ensure that all monthly and quarterly reports from awardees are received promptly.
- Lead efforts to share achievements and lessons learned from implementing innovation activities, including promoting opportunities to adopt, adapt and scale successful innovations.
- Build relationships with a network of key stakeholders to help influence project outcomes and adoption
- Track technological and knowledge developments within and outside the project and promote the use of this knowledge to gain insights that can be used to design or formulate bespoke concept requests in the future.
- Maintain an orientation towards the future, with a view to designing new concepts for calls for innovation proposals.
- Provide monthly, quarterly and annual reports and other reports as requested.
- Document and share impactful stories to reflect project achievements with campaigns, media, communications and innovation activities.
- Work collaboratively with other SCALE teams to achieve SCALE goals, objectives and results.
- Perform other assigned duties.
- Degree in international affairs, public administration, politics, social sciences, law, development studies or related field.
- Previous experience in designing, implementing and measuring the results of effective advocacy campaigns.
- Demonstrated relevant experience in civil society engagement and policy reform in Nigeria.
- Strong technical expertise in the design and implementation of innovation projects.
- Significant experience in planning and implementing successful campaigns and media work.
- Good organizational, verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to multi-task.
- Experience working with government, civil society and the organized private sector.
- Experience in multi-sectoral coordination and networking with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated skills in strategy, diplomacy, written and oral communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong organizational skills and strategic thinking; attention to detail; flexible and able to work effectively with multiple tasks.
- Strong in written and spoken English.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required.
Click here to apply